Social Media Club of Dallas’s second annual Social Media Showcase will take place on July 19, 2012. This event will feature social media case studies from Dallas-based companies. Specifically, the presentations will explore how companies are implementing social media campaigns and the results they are achieving.
The Social Media Showcase will feature 10-minute presentations in a fixed-slide format to facilitate comparison. Once the presentations are complete, we will allow two minutes for questions for each speaker.
Jackie Bese of Atomic Design and Consulting for Armed Forces Bowl
Mark Macklin of Fleishman-Hillard for Chevy
Jeff Schick of Online Performance Marketing for iFratelli
Alyssa Gardina of Weber Shandwick for RadioShack
Jeremy Vest of Wasp Barcode Technologies for Wasp Barcode Technologies
John Lee of Digital Growth Strategies for YoCrunch Yogurt
Who Should Attend
This event is ideal for anyone who wants to understand how social media can benefit a business or organization. More importantly, the Showcase will provide real-world insights for those in an agency or corporate marketing role, in order improve knowledge of what works in social media and how to apply best practices in the Dallas market. Each case study will provide insights and take-aways that apply to marketers at varying experience levels.
Register to attend today or submit your company for consideration.
To ensure the Social Media Showcase is as balanced and transparent as possible all submissions will be judged on the following criteria:
- Objectives, Strategy and Results: What are you trying to accomplish? What was the plan you implemented? What its impact to the business? While it’s important to include success indicators like web traffic, fans, follower growth and other basic metrics, we also want to see how your campaign contributed to the bottom line, such as increase in revenue or cost reduction.
- Creativity: Did you leverage technology in a specially unique and creative way?
- Integration: How did your campaign integrate with and complement your organization’s overall marketing campaigns or approach?
- Timing: Your campaign must have been started and completed within the last 12 months.
- Completeness: Does your submission paint a complete picture of the campaign and include examples or supporting materials that clearly communicate the planning, execution and impact of the campaign?
- Best Practices/Insights Provided: Does your entry include tips or best practices the campaign applied? Can the applicant provide insights for the audience to help them plan and execute social media campaigns for their company or organization?
Timeline for Applicants
- June 6, 2012 – Applications open
- July 9, 2012 – 6:00 PM – Deadline to apply
- July 11, 2012 – Presenters notified via email
- July 12, 2012 – Blog post announcing presenters
- July 13, 2012 – Slide presentations due by speakers
- July 19, 2012 – Date of event
- July 20, 2012 – Presentations posted to SMC Dallas blog and SlideShare
Slide Format for Presentations
Once presenters have been selected, speakers will be emailed a fixed PowerPoint slide format to prepare for the event. Speakers will not be permitted to create their own decks from scratch. Presenters are required to submit their final slides by July 17, 2012. If any changes are needed, the presenter will be contacted directly.
You will be allowed six slides for your presentation, including:
- Business Problem - What was the client challenge you were trying to solve?
- Solution the Campaign Proposed
- Strategy Planned
- Highlight the strategy your campaign implemented
- Images showcasing engagement or look and feel of the campaign you implemented
- Wildcard Slide - Include any additional information such as tools used, tips and best practices or screen captures of campaign implementation
- Results - Please include results your campaign generated, such as:
- Database growth
- Key Learnings and Takeaways - Share the tips, best practices, key learnings and takeaways the audience can learn from your campaign
If you know of a company that is looking to promote their company to and engage with social media influencers in the Dallas area, please have them visit our Sponsorship page.
For questions related to the Social Media Showcase, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.